Pages

Thursday, July 17, 2014

Salmagundi Club


"Cinemas", 18 x 24, Oil on Linen

I'm pleased to announce that my oil painting "Cinemas" has been accepted into the Salmagundi Club's Annual Juried Painting & Sculpture Show.  It will be on view in the main gallery of the National Arts Club in New York City from July 28th to August 8th.  Stop by if you're in the city!


UPDATE:  After standing in front of the dark, closed National Arts Club Saturday morning, I read my instructions for drop off to find that the exhibit is at the SALMAGUNDI CLUB on Fifth Avenue. So, it is 47 Fifth Avenue, New York City.  (The same show was at the National Arts Club last year so it was an understandable mistake . . . she said).

4 comments:

Jessie Tirsch said...

Eden, I'm so glad you're getting the recognition you deserve! I wish I could come to NY. I just pinned "Cinemas" to 'My Gallery' (pinterest). This painting evokes in me a feeling of atmospheric nostalgia, as many of your artworks do. I love you, sweetie.
xo-Jessie

Carolyn Jean Thompson said...

Fantastic! Congratulations!!!! This is a wonderful painting! Best wishes, Carolyn

Eden Compton Pastels and Oils said...

Thanks Jessie! Look forward to seeing you in Florida this Fall!

Eden Compton Pastels and Oils said...

Thanks Carolyn!