Pages

Friday, June 8, 2012

Saratoga Arts Fest


"November Afternoon",  9 x 12,  pastel on sanded paper

This weekend is the Saratoga Arts Fest in beautiful Saratoga Springs NY.  There are a lot of events going on downtown throughout the weekend.  The above painting can be seen (and purchased) at the Mimosa Gallery which is hosting a fundraiser for the Arts Fest.  The opening is tonight from 4 to 7 p.m. so if you're town please stop by (unfortunately I can't make the opening but hopefully you can!).  I love the town of Saratoga.  There is so much going on and there are lots of beautiful places in the area to paint.  I will be teaching a weekend pastel plein air workshop through the Saratoga Arts Center in September.  I will post more info on the workshop later so stayed posted!

In the meantime, I am getting a little plein air time in while visiting the Chesapeake Bay.  This is an inn in a very small town in Maryland called Oxford.  I was so into my painting that I didn't see the huge black clouds approaching until the loud thunder made me drop my brush!  I had to pack up quickly and didn't have time to finish but I think I kind of like it where I left it.  I'll let it sit a while.




No comments: