Pages

Friday, January 2, 2015

Happy New Year


"Chinatown Morning," 9 x 12, oil on panel

Hope everyone had a great holiday season!  It is hard to believe that Christmas has come and gone and here we stand in 2015 already!  I am eager to attack my long list of art goals for this year which I will discuss in more detail in subsequent posts.  My work process has evolved over the past year or two and I am trying to be more deliberate and focused in the development of the concept, the design and the execution of an idea.  My plein air paintings are primarily used as a studies right now and I have been doing a lot more drawing in the field which I enjoy.  I do still love the cityscape genre so you will be seeing more of these this year!

2 comments:

Bob Lafond said...

Nice painting!

Compton Studio said...

Thanks Bob! Happy New Year to you!