Pages

Monday, July 9, 2012

The Series Continues


"Hot Day on the Docks"  8 x 10 oil on linen panel

I started this on site at the Newport Shipyard docks where all the big fishing trawlers and small boats are docked.   I couldn't stay long though as it was just too hot to stand in full sunshine with no shade.   I have an easel umbrella but it seems to only work in less than 5 or 10 knots of wind which is rare around here.  I like the colors in this.  The jpeg doesn't really pick up the subtle grays in the background but I like the soft effect in the further structures.   Things look a little busy in the lower right hand corner which I didn't intend but I will leave it for now.  If this ends up being a bigger piece I will soften that area so it doesn't draw so much attention.


No comments: