Pages

Monday, August 20, 2012

More Lobsterfellas


"Lobsters on the Dock", oil on panel, 6 x 6

I finally got a little painting time in today.  I have so many great sketches and references of all the lobster boats I've seen in the last few weeks.  I've spent quite a few afternoons at the Newport Shipyards where all the lobster and fishing boats are docked.  The overwhelming smell barely even bothers me any more!  This guy caught my eye with the bright yellow overalls against the dark hull of his boat.  Hopefully I'll have more to post tomorrow.

4 comments:

Pennie said...

Love this piece, Eden! Beautiful hue and composition--we're big fans!!

Eden Compton Pastels and Oils said...

Thanks Pennie!

Greg Little said...

Love your palette here Eden.. Nice work!

Eden Compton Pastels and Oils said...

THanks Greg! I've allowed black to return from its banishment ; ) !