Pages

Sunday, November 22, 2015

And Now For Something Completely Different . . .


"Sunflower", Oil on Panel, 16 x 20


I took a little break from the drizzle of my rainy cityscapes to revisit my Caribbean market ladies.  I did a series of these paintings in pastel several years ago based on our trips to the island of St. Martin. We have not been back to St. Martin in several years so I more or less abandoned this subject matter.  But, I was feeling like doing something a little different so I pulled out the reference files.  This is probably a little more contrasty and saturated in some areas than the actual painting but I am pleased with it overall.  Shout out to Greg Little for the helpful advice!

1 comment:

Jessie Tirsch said...


Oh Eden,

You are so talented. I adore the lady in the sunflower shirt!
I'm loving all of the paintings in your facebook timeline.
I'll start checking in regularly.

Miss you!

xoxox